uvula is a tiny game studio as unique as its name. Guided by its co-founder and creative director, Keita Takahashi (Katamari Damacy, Noby Noby Boy, Wattam, Crankin's Time Travel Adventure ) uvula develops original games full of charm.
Our new project is ramping up production and needs a dedicated engineer with 3D gameplay experience to help bring our ideas to fruition. We are looking to build a team of astute, creative, and knowledgeable people who care about making games for the right reasons.
We are currently working remotely and hoping to find an ideal candidate who is ready to join our growing team and become an integral member of uvula.
🌹 Role 🌹
As an engineer at uvula you will be working closely with all disciplines and collaborating with other engineers to help develop gameplay systems, tools, and much more.
You will be working as a member of a small engineering team, which will give you plenty of opportunity to work across all areas of the codebase, from gameplay and AI, to UI and Rendering.
🚽 Responsibilities 🚽
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined team members on a wide variety of gameplay elements.
- Quickly prototype gameplay ideas while adapting to design specifications.
- Give and receive constructive feedback to teammates.
- Communicate effectively with your teammates.
- Find creative solutions to complex design problems in a collaborative team environment.
- Work independently on tasks and remain motivated.
- Work with a small, adaptable team and participate in major decisions.
- Remain flexible in job responsibilities as the needs of a small team evolve over time.
🍳 Experience 🍳
- Unreal Engine 4 (or similar engine experience)
- Familiarity with object oriented principles and design practices
- Experience modifying Engine code
- Shipped at least one title, preferably on a console
- Strong 3D math skills
- Communication skills
- Familiarity with Perforce is a bonus
- Python knowledge is a bonus
- Any DCC tool (Maya) knowledge is a bonus
- Any language skills are a bonus
🍏 Apply 🍏
Please use this form to apply.