uvula is a tiny game studio as unique as its name. Guided by its co-founder and creative director, Keita Takahashi (Katamari Damacy, Noby Noby Boy, Wattam, Crankin's Time Travel Adventure) uvula develops original games full of charm.
Our new project is needs a dedicated 3D Environment Artist to help shape our world and refine our artistic style. We are looking to build a team of astute, creative, and knowledgeable people who care about making games for the right reasons.
We are currently working remotely and hoping to find an ideal candidate who is ready to join our growing team and become and integral member of uvula.
🌹 Role 🌹
As the key Environment Artist at uvula, you will be an integral part in defining the studios style and quality. You will work directly with the other creative disciplines to help bring the world of our game to life, and provide your experience and knowledge to the team as a whole to help make the game better.
🍔 Responsibilities 🍔
- Create quality 3D assets and textures based on provided concept art and design direction.
- Knowledge of modular asset building techniques.
- Work independently making artistic decisions that match a highly unique art style.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined team members to ensure that assets are being created for their intended purpose.
- Quickly iterate on ideas to test assets in engine and work within technical constraints.
- Implement 3D models and create materials for assets in engine.
- Give and receive constructive feedback to teammates.
- Engage in collaborative creative problem solving and bring your perspective to conversations.
- Work independently on tasks and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
- Work with a small, adaptable team and participate in major decisions about the game direction.
- Remain flexible in specific job responsibilities as the needs of a small team evolve over time.
🌍 Experience 🌍
- Autodesk Maya
- Substance Suite
- Unreal Engine 4 (or similar engine experience)
- Communication skills
- Management skills are a bonus
- Visual Scripting knowledge is a bonus
- Any additional DCC tool knowledge is a bonus
- Any language skills are a bonus
🎂 Apply 🎂
Please use this form to apply.